- Piano Concerto No. 25 in C major, K. 503
- Ch’io mi scordi di te, K. 505
- Parto, Parto from La clemenza di Tito, K. 621
- Symphony No. 38 in D major, K. 504 (Prague)
- English Chamber Orchestra
- Tamara Gura
- Christian Zacharias
Amadeus means “beloved by God” and for over two centuries, musicians and listeners alike have agreed that there’s only one way to describe the genius of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: simply divine. The German master-pianist Christian Zacharias has devoted a lifetime to the music of Mozart, and today he directs the ECO in both the majestic Prague Symphony and some of Mozart’s brilliant concert arias – music that Mozart said should fit a singer’s voice “like a well-tailored suit”.
First, though, he stars as both soloist and director in Mozart’s 25th Piano Concerto exactly as the composer himself would have done, back in 1786.