- Fidelio – Overture; Jetzt, Schätzchen, jetzt sind wir allein; Mir ist so wunderbar
- Carmen – Card trio
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream – I know a bank
- Peter Grimes – Grimes / Balstrode duet
- The Rape of Lucretia – Spinning Scene
- L’elisir d’amore – Una parola…; Una furtiva lagrima
- Rodelinda – Tuo drudo è mio rivale; Non ti bastò, consorte; Io t’abbraccio
- Le nozze di Figaro – Crudel, perchè finora…
- Così fan tutte – Oh che bella giornata; Il core vi dono; Fra gli amplessi
- Il barbiere di Siviglia – Dunque io son duet; Ma bravi…
- The 2018-19 Young Artists of the National Opera Studio
- Orchestra of English National Opera
- Orpha Phelan
- Charles Peebles
The National Opera Studio has been at the forefront of opera training in the UK for 40 years. Its internationally renowned Young Artists’ Programme takes on twelve singers and four répétiteurs each year, who have the potential to be the leading artists of their generation. Singers who have started their careers at the Studio include Gerald Finley OC CBE, Lesley Garrett CBE, Susan Bullock CBE, David Butt Philip, Duncan Rock and Katerina Karnéus, and répétiteur alumni can be found on the music staff of the greatest opera houses in the world.
For the first time in the Studio’s history, they are joined by the ENO Orchestra for a celebratory performance of semi-staged scenes from well-loved operas, under the baton of British conductor Charles Peebles.
This co-production with Scottish Opera will be directed by celebrated Irish director Orpha Phelan (The Royal Opera, Glyndebourne, Opera North, Royal Danish Opera, Opera Australia).
A limited number of premium tickets are available, which include best seats in the house, an invitation to an exclusive wine and canapé reception with the Young Artists, key industry figures and prestigious alumni, and a donation to the work of the Studio.
- Concert Duration:
- Aapprox. 2 hours including interval